We thought it was a good idea to do some excavation work on the barn expansion since it was a little rainy lately. We needed to move about 12-18” of dirt off the floor on one side. And our dirt is normally very difficult to work with. The sand is easy. The clay is not. When it is cool and wet all conditions are easy. So we got to digging. We initially moved some dirt to fill in a few holes on some low spots on our road out to the barn. Then we figured we would back the truck up and take a couple of loads out to where the second green house is being built. Oops. That field was pea soup as we quickly found out.
We were quickly buried up to the axles.
The floor boards and truck frame were resting on the ground. Oops!
We had to wait until the next morning to get this sucker out.
Thank god for little people!
While Drake and I were digging out the front, the other monsters were digging out the back.
The kitties helped too. They are best at giving directions.
Once we were able to jack the truck up off the ground we put some stable ground under the tires in the form of bricks and cinder blocks.
We finally had some clearance under the truck to get it moving again!
Then built a ramp to drive out of the hole on.
We had to do a bit of work on the other corners too.
But we finally got out!
Everyone got a little muddy!
It was fruit smoothie time after this event!